Beef Rosemary Red Wine Casserole
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 flour
- 1kg diced stewing Beef
- 1 cup diced turnip
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced leek
- 1 cup halved mushrooms
- 40g tomato puree
- 1/2 litre red wine
- 500ml beef stock
- 3 cloves garlic
- Handful of fresh Rosemary
- Heat the oil into the pan, wait until the oil is piping hot then add garlic and onions and fry for 30 seconds remember keep moving so that they don’t burn.
- Quickly add the beef and seal off the meat on high heat, keep moving and stirring for 4 minutes
- Add butter and melt, when melted spoon the flour in until paste is formed then add tomato puree and all the diced vegetables .
- Once all vegetables and meat are in the pan and the stock first add the wine then reduce the heat by half and cook for 5 minutes. Make sure that you mix well whilst cooking, you want to cook out all the flour before adding the stock. 10 minutes
- Add the stock slowly the pan 100 ml each time and cook for 5 minutes, cook for 30 minutes all together
- When vegetables reach al dente drop the and mushrooms into the stew, season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 5minutes
- Remove from heat then serve in bowl with fresh rosemary on top and fresh homemade bread on the side.