Beetroot is a great source of folic acid which can help boost your mood and increases your mental power.
Beetroot is rich in betaine which helps the breakdown of excess hormones like oestrogen. Which helps prevent man boobs (moobs). Studies have shown that beetroot can help the liver and protect the liver against disease.
Also have been shown to help lower blood pressure and improve cardiovascular diesases.Beetroot contains Vitamin C, sodium, magnesium and potassium. All these vitamins & minerals can help increase energy and body movement.
Beetroot soup recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 medium beetroots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Warm olive oil in a large saucepan then add onions and garlic; cook until soft but not browned. Stir in beetroot and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in stock, and seasoning (salt and pepper). Bring to a boil; cover, and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a blender; blend until smooth. Gently heat before serving.
It’s amazing how many ways you can eat beetroot, raw, steamed, boiled, roasted, sauted, grated or as crisps.