Skipping – How to skip – how many calories burn whilst skipping.
Skipping is one for the best exercises that uses all main muscle groups when training. Skipping helps you enhance your cardio fitness as well as increasing the muscles speed reaction.
This form of exercise strengthens and tones the muscles and can be an excellent way to warm up.
This exercise will help you tone your upper arms and lower body. Skipping training is common in boxing as it requires fast reactions, coordination and rhythm.
Ideal warm time for skipping is 6 minutes. For cardiovascular workouts 15-20 minutes.
On average you will burn 4.8 calories per minute. (depending on speed)
Always skip on solid level ground, surfaces to avoid; sand, hills, uneven surfaces.
Guide to skipping
- Keep the rope turning as smoothly as possible using your wrists and forearms.
- Keep your back neutral with your head facing forward.
- Breathe in and out through your nose.
- Push off with your toes.
- Bend your knees and jump only so high as to clear the rope, no higher.
- Land lightly on the balls of your feet.
Skipping improves ; Speed reaction whilst strengthening; chest, glutes ,neck , arms, legs muscle, core and shoulders. Great exercise for correcting posture.