Healthy vegetarian risotto recipe.
This simple risotto recipe is an award winning vegetarian dish. A creamy risotto with pepper, shallots and mushrooms. Topped with health asparagus, not only is asparagus one of the best tasting vegetables but also it’s awesomely rich in nutrients and essential minerals. Cooking asparagus in a little balsamic vinegar then finished off with fresh toasted almonds.
- 2 large shallots diced
- 2 red capsicum diced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 4 mushrooms chopped.
- 2 pinch’s mixed herbs
- 50g almonds lightly toasted
- 4 cups arborio rice- 1 cup per person
- handful fresh basil
- 50g cream cheese
- 10 ml olive oil
- 7 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- Take all the vegetables , wash and prepare. Remove lower stalks from asparagus, normally 1 inch or so.
- Place sauce pan on heat, add of oil bring and saute garlic be careful not to burn, add shallots and capsicums. 2 mins
- Add rice into pan, remember when making risotto to keep stirring and adding a little stock cup by cup. This helps you keep the taste inside the rice and stops you from over cooking.
- When all stock is used, cook rice until soft with a slight crunch inside.
- Place Toast almonds lightly on baking tray bake for 2 minutes on 170 c, take out and leave rest
- Whilst cooking the risotto place a frying pan on the heat with a little oil, when hot add the asparagus and a little water cook for 3 minutes on high heat. When all the water has disappeared add some balsamic and a little sugar.
- Finish the risotto with cream cheese, herbs and seasoning.