Recipe for vegetable soup
Vegetable soup recipe.
This soup is easy to make and great for using up any left over vegetables from evening meals.
I mostly use potatoes to thicken my soups. The reason is simple, many people today have allergies to flour and wheat, so I try to use them as little as possible. Other root vegetables like carrot, potato, swede or pumpkin are ideal for thickening soups. As most of these vegetables have a high starch content.
All you have to do is peel or wash your vegetables, roughly chop them and add them to your stock. You can use any vegetables you desire. Even broccoli stalks are great for thickening, just remember to remove the skin first and dice small.
For this recipe I used a three large potatoes, one carrot and three onions. All peeled and chopped, then add to hot stock and boiled for 30 minutes on a medium heat.
If you use fresh herbs always add them just before you serve as the heat will normally dissolve the flavours.
- 3 large potatoes diced and peeled
- 300ml veg stock
- 100ml milk
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced small
- 3 onions peeled and diced
- few drops of lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Handful of fresh chopped parsley
- Place veg stock and add all the vegetables , turn on full heat and cook for 15 minutes
- Add salt & pepper, and milk cook for a further 2 minutes and keep stirring
- Finally add the lemon juice & parsley . Blend together and serve.
I use lemon in this recipe because it gives a really fresh finish to the soup.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.