Healthy cous cous recipe
Healthy cous cous recipe.
- 100g Cous cous
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Juice of one lemon
- 1kg Mixed peppers small diced
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 red onions diced
- 50g olive oil
- 1 roasted garlic clove
- Handful fresh chopped mint
1. Finely dice peppers and onions then place in a bowl. Chop mint coarsely
2. Place 500ml of water in the kettle and boil, when kettle has finished pour into jug and add vegetable stock, normally two cubes and mix with boiling water until dissolved.
3. Add cous cous to stock and leave for 2 minutes.
4.Then add nuts, sesame seed, carrot, mixed herbs, onions , peppers, lemon ,olive oil and finish with fresh mint.
If your looking to improve the taste, you can always drop a little pesto oil at the end, you can use most vegetables. Adding Char-grilled veg, sun dried tomatoes, olives or chillies are great ways of personalising your own recipe.
It’s one of the easiest foods to make and the cooking time is minimal, ideal with salads and great for light lunches.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.