This is an easy nutritional salad to make, add more ingredients if needed. I love fresh mozzarella and pine nuts, often I toast my pine nuts lightly for a few minutes before adding them to the salad. I find that most nuts taste extra special when slightly toasted.
It’s easy to do, using a dry frying pan, no oil, just turn the heat on gently, allow for the pan to heat up then add the nuts. Keep toasting the pan every twenty seconds, so you look like a real chef ! also to stop them from burning, this process normally takes two minutes, you can tell when the nuts go golden brown, and the toasting aroma fills the air.
Be careful not to burn, they only take a short while on medium heat, if you have you pan to high often they can catch alight.
Lambs lettuce mixed salad
- 6 halved Cherry tomatoes
- 6 pitted Olives
- Hand full pine nuts – optional
- 1 grated carrot
- fresh mozzarella
- 100g Lambs lettuce
- Garlic croutons
Balsamic reduction mixed with olive oil
- Balsamic reduction 3 tbsp
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Place lambs lettuce in a bowl and toss with fresh grated vegetables.
- season with salt and pepper and place into bowl add fresh mozzarella, torn or grated cheese.
- Add croutons and pine nuts on top.
- Serve with balsamic and olive oil glaze.
- Tags: 30 Minute Meals, cooking at home, diet, Healthy Recipes, Nutrition, personal trainer exercises, protein, vegetarian