The best cake carrot cake recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 zest of orange and add juice
- orange juice
- cream cheese
- icing sugar
- vanilla essence
- Preheat oven 180 c
- Beat the eggs together add the oil, orange and vanilla.
- Combine and mix all the powdered ingredients, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the powder to the egg mix and stir in the zest, grated carrots and nuts
- Place in a well greased cake baking tray and cook for 40-45 minutes ,Check to that its cooked, stab a knife or toothpick in the centre, if anything sticks cook for another 10 minutes on a lower heat.
- Make carrot cake icing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth
- Remove from oven place on baking rack and leave cool, then cover with icing mix