Free carrot recipe
Carrots are one of my most favourite vegetables, mainly because they’re so versatile and great with just about every food you cant think of cakes, salads , sandwiches, burgers, curry, stir fry and stews.
Also with the added extra of being great for your skin, high in vitamin C, Also you can find vitamin E and fibre great for internal organs and important for the respiratory system.
My favorite salad is carrot, tarragon and lemon juice.
Its simple to make just 4 large carrots peeled and grated , handful of cooked sweet corn and add 2 tsp fresh or dried tarragon.
Dressing- using a cup mix together3 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp honey , pinch salt & pepper and your ready.
There is a strong link between regular carrot consumption and reduced cancer risks, recent experiment have shown in some cases that carrot can reverse the malignant changes in cells
The best cake carrot cake recipe
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 100g white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 zest of orange and add juice
- orange juice
- cream cheese
- icing sugar
- vanilla essence
- Preheat oven 180 c
- Beat the eggs together add the oil, orange and vanilla.
- Combine and mix all the powdered ingredients, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the powder to the egg mix and stir in the zest, grated carrots and nuts
- Place in a well greased cake baking tray and cook for 40-45 minutes ,Check to that its cooked, stab a knife or toothpick in the centre, if anything sticks cook for another 10 minutes on a lower heat.
- Make carrot cake icing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth
- Remove from oven place on baking rack and leave cool, then cover with icing mix
Carrot, orange and thyme
- 500g sliced carrots
- 20g Butter
- 10g Thyme
- 1 cup Orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups Water
- Peel carrots and Slice
- Place into hot saucepan on medium heat melt the butter then add water with orange juice simmer 1 minute
- Add carrots and sugar, cover with lid and cook on medium heat for 20 mins on low heat
- Drain carrots they should have a nice glaze, finish with fresh thyme or tarragon.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.