soba noodle salad
Vegetable Soba noodle salad – followed recipe is ideal for 2 people
Soba noodles – origin Japan
Made from a 100% buckwheat soba noodles are the healthiest on the market, most soba noodles are gluten free, soba noodles are tricky to cook and can easily be overcooked, make sure you have cold water ready so you can quickly transfer them and start the cooling process straight away.
- 2 packet soba noodles
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 handful of chopped peanuts
- 1 carrot 1/2 grated & 1/2 sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 50 g cooked sweetcorn
- 1 hand full bean sprouts fresh washed
- 1 fresh seeded chili
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp thai sweet chili sauce
- Cook soba noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes until soft, remove and wash through well with cold water.
- Place a large sauce pan on the high heat, add oil, chilli, garlic, peanuts, onions & carrots fry for 3 minutes keep on the move.
- Add soy, fish sauce and ginger to pan add sugar cook for 1 min until all sugar is dissolved.
- Combine grated carrot, sweetcorn, bean sprouts, coriander and sweet chili sauce
- Mix with soba noodles and place in bowl then enjoy.