Best way to cook brussel sprouts
Best way to cook brussels sprouts
People always complain about brussel sprouts, saying that they are tasting bad. This can be true when sprouts are over cooked, they can lose most of their goodness and taste like little old cabbages.
But brussel sprouts are amazing when just cooked right, I have changed peoples tastes and minds with sprouts. They are wonderful vegetables with loads of nutrients. These are a great source of vitamin A, calcium, folacin and potassium, high in fibre and great disease fighters.
I always used to trim and steam my Brussels sprouts, be careful not to overcook, as you can easily lose the nutrients and often leave them tasting soggy.
- 2 pieces of bacon- diced
- 5 ml Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp herbs de province or mixed herbs
- 200g Brussel sprouts
- Peel the sprouts, slice in half and mix oil, lemon and herbs together 10 ml Rapeseed oil
- place large sauce pan on the medium heat, add oil wait until oil is hot and bacon then add sprouts
- Shallow fry them for one minute keep on the move, then add little water 1/4 cup and tbsp sugar
- Place on very low heat and cover with lid, cook for 15-20 minutes
The sprouts should be firm in the middle, but they absorb all the flavours when cooking, try this and people will always nknow you as the amazing sprout
Slice them, place in pan with hot oil and garlic, add soy sauce, lemon juice and a little sugar amazing sprouts
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.