Recipe for homemade coleslaw
- 300g cabbage sliced fine
- 200 gram peeled and grated carrot
- 100 gram sliced onion fine
- pinch or salt and pepper
- 2 pinches thyme
- 1 grated apple
- 100 g Mayonaise light or salad cream
- few drops lemon juice
- Slice all the vegetables
- place into large mixing bowl
- combine the cabbage, apple, onion and carrot together and mix with your hands
- add mayo, thyme, salt & pepper
- leave for one hour before serving
Using fruit in the coleslaw gives it that extra sweetness, easy to make, great salad, side dish.
Goes brilliant with baked potatoes, fish, chicken or in your own homemade sandwiches or burgers.