German potato and gherkin salad with lambs lettuce
This dish easy to make, high in carbs and ideal for pre exercise or competition lunch. This will pack you full of energy, and prepare the body for high energy output.
- 6 large potatoes
- 3 gherkins
- pinch Tarragon
- 1 onion – fine diced
- 1 cup low fat salad cream or mayonaise
- 200g Lambs lettuce (freshly washed )
- Place medium sauce pan on the heat, fill it with water half-way, peel the potatoes and quarter then add to hot water.
- Cook potatoes for 15 minutes on medium heat, whilst potatoes are cooking prepare the gherkins by draining them and dice them into small pieces.
- When potatoes are ready remove from heat and gently run with cold water, when they are cold remove from water and place in large mixing bowl.
- Place into large bowl with some tarragon add gherkins, tarragon, pinch salt and pepper and 150ml Low fat salad cream or mayo
Serve with lambs lettuce and cherry tomatoes.