Tofu is the number one protein food for vegetarians, with more than 100% of your manganese RDA tofu is rich in nutrient content. It also contains all of the amino acids, making tofu top of the vegetarian proteins for re-fueling and muscle building.
Helps with the strengthen structure of bones and is high in mineral content. Tofu contains 24g of unsaturated fats; the good fats!
Tofu is great with any vegetarian soup, noodle dish, stir fry or rice dish. For information on tofu cookery please check out recipes.
Iron is a mineral found in every cell of the body. It’s vital for good health and for our mental and physical well being. Lack of iron is the most common single nutrient deficiency found.
RDA Recommended daily allowance
Tom yam tofu brown rice noodle
Recipe followed serves 2 people, gluten free, wheat free, vegetarian and healthy
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 100g Tofu Diced
- 2 tbsp Tom yam paste
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 courgette
- 1 pepper sliced
- 2 florets broccoli chopped
- 1/2 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 packets brown rice noodles
- Heat the oil until smoking add garlic, tom yam paste, onions, peppers and carrots, saute for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli, tofu, cumin seeds and cumin fry for a further 1 minute add a little stock to stop from burning, then add coconut cream.
- Cook for a further 3 -4 minutes keeping on the move on medium heat, then add stock slowly until all is used.
- Reduce curry for 8 minutes on high heat add remaining honey and chopped courgette.
- Add rice noodles and cook thought for 4 minutes until soft finish with some fresh coriander.
Another great tasty dish ready in minutes
- Tags: Nutrition