Quinoa is a very healthy grain from south American, used like rice, you cook quinoa in boiling water 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa, bring to the boil and simmer for 12 minutes until fluids are absorbed. Quinoa, can be a amazing alternative for rice and is 100% gluten free, high in fibre and contains loads of great nutrients.
150 g quinoa
2 lemons zested and juice
3 tbsp mint sauce of fresh mint
50g frozen peas
2 tbsp mixed herbs
1 red onion sliced
2 tomatoes diced
1 capsicum red diced
2 cloves garlic
20 ml olive oil
20g pine nuts toasted
- Place a saucepan on the heat with 340 mg of salted, bring to the boil and add quinoa. Once quinoa is boiling reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes
- Using another pan place 2 tbsp olive oil, heat thoroughly
- Add garlic, onions and capsicums, cooking for 4 minutes on high heat.
- Add peas, tomatoes and mixed herbs and keep on the move for 2 minutes
- When quinoa is ready and soft remove from heat, drain any fluid and combine all ingredients together
- Add olive oil, lemon and mint and serve !