Weight gain and high energy snacks
- Cheese – sliced, cubed or grilled on toast
- Porridge with fruit and milk
- Cereals wholegrain with whole milk
- Muffins, scones, rolls or bagels
- Jam or honey on toast
- Sandwich- peanut butter, chicken, cheese, ham , tuna or even banana
- Dried fruit with nuts
- Nuts – mixed with no salt
- Bread – malt loaf, fruit bread, sun dried tomato bread or olive bread
Its important to keep yourself packed with energy for weight gain and growth, Its important for the younger athletes to maintain a good weight and to keep energy levels high.
The young sport professionals of today have a stricted health and diet programs which are designed for energy impact, each diet depending on which sport they compete. Normally a young athlete would consume seven snacks or meals per day.