Warm chickpea, fennel & parsley salad
Gluten free, wheat free, vegan and excellent choice for vegetarians or special requirements.
Fresh and flavorsome taste great as a starter or lunch time meal.
- 1 fennel finely shaved
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1 sprig thyme herbs removed from thyme twig
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 2 white onion finely diced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic
- 50 ml Olive oil
- 350g dried chickpeas
- Soak chickpeas over night, drain water and add new bring to the boil 30 minutes then simmer for 1 1/2 hours , make sure waster level stays above peas when simmering.
- Place oil in pan, add garlic onions and fry until soft.
- add cooked chick peas, red wine vinegar , thyme, parsley and fennel then serve in bowl drizzle with olive oil before serving.