Herb Crust lamb Cutlets with a raspberry balsamic jus
This recipe serves 4 persons.
2 Racks of lamb (on the bone)
- trim fat and prepped away from the bone
- 150g Flour or 300g bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp nuts
- 1 tbsp herbs
- pinch salt & pepper
Raspberry balsamic glaze
- 50 ml balsamic
- 2 tsp sugar
- 30g raspberries
Make over medium heat and vinegar into pan , place raspberries and sugar and caramelize together, 4 minutes, remove and cool.
Follow jus recipe. making 300ml of jus
- Press and leave rest on meat for 30 minutes before cooking, pre heat oven 180 c, depending on the size of the meat rack normally 10-12 minutes
- Saute lamb racks in piping hot pan 3 minutes, seal and place on oven tray and cover with tin foil put into oven.
- Remove foil after 5 minutes and make sure crust is facing up and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Place jus in pan under lamb, with raspberry and balsamic reduction.
- Remove rack from oven rest for 1 min then slice in between bone, lamb should have nice pinkness inside, cut and place 3 cutlets on each plate.
- Place pan back on heat and reduce jus 2 minutes then strain and place little over and around warm plate.
Serve with minted new potatoes and assorted steamed vegetables.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.