Salmon gravadlax with wasabi guacamole
Ideal starter, recipe followed is set for 4 -6 persons.
This is healthy and low in Saturated fat, high in omega 3 and a real impressive dish made with little effort. Free from most allergies nut, gluten, wheat, celeriac and preservatives
- 100g salt
- 150g sugar
- 1 zest lime, lemon & orange
- 20 coriander seed, pepper corns
- 900g salmon
- Make incisions in salmon ,
- cover both sides cut in half and sandwich wrap together
- then leave for 24 hours in fridge
Wasabi & avocado guacamole
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 avocados ripe
- juice 1 lime & lemon
- 1 teaspoon wasabi
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 chili diced
- 1 handful coriander chopped
- Prepare avocados buy removing skin, remove core & hollow out inside into bowl.
- Mix vegetables cucumber, shallots, chili
- Then add lemon &lime , sugar & coriander.
- Ready to serve
If you want to keep guacamole for longer, keep avocado inner core mixed in with guacamole. This will keep its colour for a few more days.
Service – slice salmon into thin strips and fan onto plate, place guacamole just off the bottom fan and serve with rye bread and some fresh salad.