This sauce makes 1 lt of tagine sauce, ideal for lamb, duck and most game meats. This sauce origins from Morocco and is a great tasting fruity sauce, you can use different fruit or nuts with this recipe.
- 2 onions diced
- 1 lt white wine
- 1 lt chicken stock
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tumeric
- 1 hand full currants
- 1 hand full sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Handful fresh herbs
- 2 cloves
- Place large sauce pan on heat add oil and saute onions, add almonds and currants. Place spices into pan with ingredients
- Once onions are soft add chicken stock and white wine reduce for 1 hour on high heat.
- Add honey and reduce for a further 30 minutes , mix cornflour with a little water and combine into sauce.
- finish with fresh herbs and tagine sauce is good to serve!
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.