Always wash rice throughly with warm water, and leave to soak for 10 minutes then drain.
- 450g American long grain rice
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 1/2 pints of warm water
- 30g oil or butter
- Place on cooker over high flame and bring to the boil
- reduce flame and using the back of a wooden spoon stir slowly allowing to cook for a further 25 mins .
- In the last 2 minutes, give one final stir then place lid on top and leave rest on side for 10 minutes.
- remove lid and seperate by using a fork or the back of a spoon.