Stuffed Italian aubergine
This is a gluten and dairy free recipe, easy to prepare and a great tasting vegetarian.
- 2 large aubergines
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 2 large onions chopped
- 100g pitted olives whole
- 2 large capsicums diced
- 2 large courgettes diced
- 10g mixed herbs
- Halve aubergines and hollow using a knife, diced the inside of the aubergine and place to one side.
- prepare all the vegetables and place together on a greased baking tray cover with olive oil, mixed herbs and seasoning
- place halved and hollowed aubergines on tray cover with tin foil and place into pre heated oven 190 c for 15 minutes
- place the tray of oiled vegetables into the oven for 10 minutes on 190 c, so five minutes after aubergines have been in the oven
- take out from oven, remove the tin foil and allow to cool with roasted vegetables
- place roasted vegetables inside aubergine and cook for a further 10 minutes on 190 c finish and serve with homemade Italian sauce and fresh basil
You can always top with mozzerella before placing in oven for the last 10 minutes for an added extra, just make sure fresh mozzerella is drain fully.