Serves 4 people
- 400g Beef minced
- 200g Grated cheese
- 2 large onions diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 100g mushroom sliced
- 400g chopped tomatoes (tinned or fresh)
- 100ml Milk
- 100g Butter/ Margarine
- 200g Plain flour
- 1 Pack Lasagna sheets
- 8g mixed herbs
- Place olive oil into pan then add beef mice, cook mince through well, make sure you drain off any excess fat
- add tomato paste , onions, carrot and mushrooms
- cook on medium heat for 10 minutes stir to make sure it does not burn
- add , mixed herbs , diced tomatoes to the mince mix then season with salt and pepper to taste
- Make the white sauce with butter, flour, milk and stock ( refer to white sauce recipe)
- Place first layer of sauce in baking tray, then cover with lasagna sheets, repeat 3-4 times until mix is finished.
- Finish with last layer and top with white sauce cover with cheese and place in the pre heated oven at 170 f allow 45 minutes to cook.
if you want a better looking result slice up tomatoes and place on top of sauce , cover with cheese and mixed herbs
This is a great dish tasty and good for saving money; preparation time would be 1 hour. If you want to make life easy for yourself make double the size and place one in the freezer.