This ideal for people with wheat allergies, this is great tasting gluten free dish.
Ideal summer starter for 4 people or a great lunch that serves 2.
- 400g Brown rice (cooked and chilled)
- 3 spring onions
- 2 peppers mixed
- 1 fresh green Chilli
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful fresh parsley or coriander
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chilli paste
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- place water 800ml into pan add salt and heat
- when boiling point is reached add brown rice then boil for 30 mins on medium heat until cooked
- remove from heat then cool down using a colander run cold water through the rice removing hot spots
- finely dice peppers and garlic
- finely slice chillies and spring onions
- Mix dressing ingredients together in large bowl.
- Then finish with fresh herbs.
If you would like to use fresh chillies you can, but be careful not to get carried away. Also if your a seafood lover you could add crab sticks or prawns for extra protein.
- Tags: Healthy Recipes