Skip to content
Feta and Caper Rice Balls
- 2 Cups white rice
- 1 Garlic cloves – crushed and chopped
- 1/4 cup Capers – chopped
- 1 Red pepper – diced
- 1 Red onion – peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 egg
- 200 g Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Mixed herbs
- Cook and drain regular rice 2 cup of rice 4 cups of water, drain rice as directed on package
- Find a big bowl add rice then all the vegetables, egg , mixed herbs and feta cheese, mix together well. Don’t forget salt and pepper for taste.
- Once the mixture is ready (so that you can form rice balls) , if over sticky then add few breadcrumbs to the mix this will soak up the wetness of the mixture. Then make the mixture into ball shape by hand, once all the mixture is used up and shaped roll the ball in breadcrumbs at the end.
- Place pan on med heat, add a little oil then allow the pan to get hot before adding the balls.
- Fry for 3 minutes on medium heat until light brown. Add the balls one by one making sure you have enough room in the pan and keep on the move make sure the don’t burn..
- Place on oven for 15 mins on 200 c. Then serve with salad. I served these with a red cabbage and apple salad.