This is a vegetarian recipe, also can be made for vegans just follow this recipe without adding cheese, like wise for gluten free recipe don’t add breadcrumbs . The recipe will make yield 10 good sizes potato cakes.
- 3 White Onions finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves Puree
- 3 Bay leaves
- 50ml White wine vinegar
- 8 large Potatoes Cooked peeled
- 1 Gherkin Chopped
- 1/2 Cup whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper -seasoning
- 100 g Grated cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs mixed with oregano
- Peel potatoes and place in boiling salted water, cook until soft
- Whilst potatoes are cooking, place a frying pan on heat add little oil, fry garlic ,onions together for 2 minutes then cover with white wine vinegar and reduce on high heat for 4 minutes until all vinegar has disappeared and the onions are moist.
- Add , onions, mustard, gherkin, then salt and pepper
- Once potatoes are ready remove from water and drain, add potatoes and mix well
- Once all the mixture has been well mixed place in the fridge over night, this will allow time for the potato to sake up flavour and moister from the mix.
- Next day shape and breadcrumb the cakes. Once the cakes are being shaped star frying the in vegetable oil normally 4 at a time. Once a light brown colour has been achieved on both sides of the cake remove from oil and place in oven for 10 minutes on 170 c degrees. Then serve with salad and dipping sauce.
Shallow Fry medium heat
Place on tray cook for 10 minutes 170 c
Serve with salad