Recipe is for serves two people.
- 2 dozen muscles
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100ml dry white wine
- 200 ml cream
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- Melt butter in heavy bottom pan add onions, garlic and sweat until translucent.
- Add white wine and bring to the boil.
- Place mussels into pot and cove with lid, steam gently until mussel begins to open.
- Remove the lid, add the cream and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Finish with fresh chopped parsley and plenty of black cracked pepper
Always remember to discard of any unopened muscles, as these are bad and eating them can leave you with food poisoning.