Broccoli and blue cheese tart with macadamia crust
Make short crust with chopped macadamia
- 480g Flour
- 40g macadamia
- 250g butter
- 30 ml water
- Blend macadamia nuts so they are in a fine
- Place nuts, flour and butter into food processor and blend together 2 minutes
- Keep adding water a little at a time until dough is made, you can use more water if needed; remember to add a little at a time, the flour will absorb the water when mixing. Different flours need different water levels. 2 minutes
- Once dough has formed a nice and easy to use, remove from blender and place in cling film and refrigerate for 20 mins.
- 3 florets Broccoli (steamed and rooted)
- 1 lemon (zest & juice)
- 2 garlic Minced
- 2 White onions finely diced and cooked without colour
- 50g blue cheese,
- 4 anchovy fillets optional
- 1 tsp caper chopped
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- Combine all these ingredients in a bowl.
- Take pastry out and roll tart base, you can use a large tart dish or individual if needed, make sure inside the case is greased before placing pastry in. Roll, and cut to size using a little flour on the bench and rolling pin.
- Blind bake for 10 minutes on 150c, then remove and leave cool, 10 minutes
- Once tartlets are ready, place ingredients inside and bake for a further 20 minutes on 160 c.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.