It's one of the easiest dishes to do, all you need is an oven and loads of vegetables, oil and herbs and your ready. You can use mostly any vegetable when roasting, I prefer root vegetables, as they taste amazing after a little roasting season.
- 3 Carrots
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 onions
- 2 leeks
- 100g cheery tomato
- 1/2 pumpkin skinned
- 3 parsnips
- 30ml olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary, thyme or mixed herbs (Any one of these)
- salt and pepper
Peel all the vegetables, I find if you keep the parsnip and sweet potato peelings then deep fry them they are awesome with a pinch of sea salt. You can use them for side chips or to garnish the food.
- Pre heat oven 190 c for 5 minutes
- Dice all the vegetables, if you are suing root vegetables make them a little smaller 3 cm cubes
- Place into baking tray and cover with oil, season with herbs, salt and pepper place into the oven
- cook for 15 minutes, take out give a good shake and put back in on high heat for 6 minutes.
You can always keep the left overs the next day for soup, stir fry or a great winter Salad