Best way to cook brussel sprouts
Everybody hastes brussel sprouts ? This can be true when sprouts are over cooked. Often they can lose much of their goodness and taste like little old cabbages when over cooked. But brussel sprouts are amazing when just cooked right, I have been able to change many peoples proception over the taste of a brussel sprout. Sprouts are amazingly wonderful vegetables packed with loads of nutrients; a great source of Vitamin A, Calcium, Folacin, Potassium, naturally high in Fibre and great disease fighters. I always used to trim and steam from the sprouts when preparing and when cooking make sure that they are never overcooked , as you can easily lose the nutrients in the cooking process.
Sprout Recipe Ideas
- 5 ml Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp herbs de province or mixed herbs
- 200g Brussel sprouts
- Peel the sprouts, slice in half and mix oil, lemon and herbs together 10 ml Rapeseed oil
- place large sauce pan on the medium heat, add oil wait until oil is hot then add sprouts
- Shallow fry them for one minute keep on the move, then add little water 1/4 cup and tbsp sugar
- Place on very low heat and cover with lid, cook for 15-20 minutes
or slice them, place in pan with hot oil and garlic, add soy sauce, lemon juice and a little sugar amazing sprouts
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.