Pasta pesto with aubergine and mixed vegetables.
- Pasta 400g
- pesto 80g
- Parmesan grated 60g
- Oregano handful
- tomato puree 2 tbsp
- garlic puree 1 tbsp
- chopped tomatoes tinned 400g
- Mixed herbs 1g
- 1 large Aubergine - diced
- 1 Onion - diced
- 1 Courgette diced
- Salt and pepper pinch
- Sugar 2 tsp
- balsamic vinegar 3 tbsp
- Cooked pasta in boiling salted water. Place saucepan on medium heat, add crushed garlic and onion.
- Make sure you keep stirring the mix on the heat , to stop them from burning, cook for 1 minute
- Add tomato puree and tinned tomatoes chopped, aubergine, courgette and cook for a further 7 minutes
- Add oregano, sugar and a little balsamic vinegar after 2 minutes on the heat remove season with salt and pepper.
- Drain with sieve pasta then place back in saucepan and add pesto mix with mixed herbs. Ready to serve.
- Serve with Parmesan or grated cheese optional.