Protein Food Chickpea Veggie Soup Recipe
This soup recipe is ideal vegetarian protein fix and a great pre competition meal. Soak chickpeas over night in lightly salted water, make sure that the water is covers the chickpeas by double the amount. Drain chickpeas from water the next day. You can use canned chickpeas for this recipe also, just open the tin and wash peas thoroughly.
- 350 g Chickpeas (soaked)
- 3 large onions
- 20 ml Olive oil
- 2 litres Vegetable stock
- ¼ pumpkin (skinned & diced)
- 10g Ginger fresh (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (toasted & ground)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds (toasted & ground)
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Seasoning pinch of each (salt &pepper)
- 20 ml Cream
- Place large pan on medium heat add olive oil, sweat ginger and onions in olive oil for 2 minutes then add chickpeas pour the stock into the pan and add pumpkin
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until chickpeas and pumpkin are tender
- Remove from heat and add cream all the toasted spices, then blend together making sure all the pumpkin and chickpeas are liquidated.
- 350 grams chickpeas
- 416 calories
- 4 g fat
- 79.17g carbs
- 18 g protein
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.