Homemade salsa recipe made easy.
This salsa recipe is easy to prepare, no special cookery skills are required for this salsa recipe. With these simple seven ingredients you can make a healthy dip in minutes.
The ingredients below can be changed if need; tinned tomatoes can be used as alternative to fresh.
- Chili - 1 small red
- Tomatoes - 4 fresh large chopped
- Onions - 1 medium white or shallot
- Garlic - 2 cloves crushed
- Coriander - handful fresh
- Lime juice - 2 tablespoons
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- First finely chop the chili, onions, garlic and coriander.
- Place the tomatoes in a large bowl add some salt and pepper then toss in chili, garlic and onions.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. It's important to leave the salsa marinade for an hour or so, this will allow the flavours to infuse and soften the onions.
- You can add extra chili to make the salsa hotter, but remember you can always add but never take away!
- Taste your salsa making sure the balance is correct.