This recipe is ideal for gluten, dairy and nut allergies.
Recipe followed serves 2.
- 3 large aubergines sliced
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 1 White onion sliced
- 1 Pepper sliced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- Optional - Grated cheese
- 1 tin Chopped tomatoes 320g
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Using a frying pan saute the aubergine slices in a little olive oil for 1 minute either side, making sure you season with a pinch salt and pepper each side. Pre heat your oven 200 degrees
- Ideal to make two layers, do this by making the first layer on the baking tray or tin then place the fresh sliced tomatoes on the aubergine. Place the sliced garlic and tinned tomatoes on the first layer then add the balsamic. Repeat this procedure once more. Finish with a sprinkle with dried Italian herbs and a pinch of sugar.
- Once you have reached your ready to bake, at this stage place your bake in the oven on 210 degrees for 20 minutes. If you wish to add any cheese on the top on the bake please bake for half the time remove add the cheese then place back into the oven and finish baking
- Once the bake is ready, remove from oven then and serve with salad and add a little drizzle of balsamic.