Thai fish curry with udon noodles.
Preparation and Cooking time 45 mins
I love udon noodles! these noodles have to be the best for soaking up favour. They go awesome with curry or they are just as good fried with a few vegetables and soy sauce. You can find these pre-cooked udon noodles in any Asian supermarket. Also you can find great Thai curry pastes from Asian markets, often its cheaper to buy a big tub as they last a long time and buying the fresh ingredients can be costly.
This recipe is for four people
- 2 400g large fillets of white fish- diced
- 2 packs cooked udon noodles
- 2 large Carrots sliced
- 1 Leek slices
- ½ Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 100g Mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp Green curry paste
- 1 small knob sliced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Juice from a whole lime or lemon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 400g coconut milk- tin
- 200ml vegetable stock
Handful to finish fresh coriander or spring onions
- Place oil in pan heat on medium heat then add garlic, ginger and curry paste fry for 3 mins
- Add all the vegetable and coconut milk to the pan cook for a further 4-5 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper ,then slowly add veg stock and soya sauce and simmer for 20 minutes
- Add the fish then cook for 2 minutes, then add udon noodles cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and finish with fresh herbs.
Recipe for green curry paste if needed.
Green Curry paste
- lemon grass 1 stalk (or lime juice)
- 1/2 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 green chilies
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3cm ginger
- 4 kaffir Lime leaves (or zest)
- 30g fresh coriander stem included
- 20g fresh sweet basil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 can coconut milk