Vegetable pakora recipe
First before making pakora you need a fryer with a lot of vegetable oil. You can use a large saucepan, but you have to be careful with the heat levels of the oil and levels. You can easily cause a fire when oil is to hot so always be aware when deep fat frying.
- 4 whole onions - thinly sliced
- 1 Courgette - grated
- 3 large carrots - grated
- 30g cumin
- 40g gram masala
- 10g turmeric
- 10g chili powder
- handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 100g strong Flour
- 1 egg
- 10g baking powder
- Slice thin onions then grate carrots & courgettes and place into a large mixing bowl
- Add egg, coriander, spices ,flour and baking powder
- Mix together in bowl for 7-8 mins , crushing onions and carrot, this is so they release water making the mixture bind together
- Once the mixture has reached to form a paste this will mean the method is complete, place a pan of vegetable oil or use a fryer
- Get oil to 200c then using the finger tips grab a handful of bhaji mix and drop into hot oil.
- Make sure you cook them for 4 minutes remove from oil, place onto paper towel and allow the oil to drain from pakora, serve hot . If need to reheat use an oven or re fry.