Porridge offers many different health benefits. Because of its high fiber, it is good for your digestive tract while also helping regulate your appetite. Additionally, its carbohydrates give you energy and increase your focus, while its other nutrients (such as iron, phosphorus, calcium, and vitamin A) aid in enhanced muscle recovery and bone strength, as well as a stronger immune system.
The only thing better is adding some protein to it to help boost your performance and speed up your recovery time. With that thought in mind, here are the best protein porridge recipes that you simply must try:
- Berry Protein Porridge. Add one to two cups of blueberries, strawberries, and/or raspberries to your porridge, along with one serving of protein powder (your choice of flavors) and you will get your carbs, proteins, and fruits in this one simple filling and body satisfying meal.
- Honey Berry Protein Porridge. Another high protein porridge option is to add one-half cup of berries of your choice, one to two tablespoons of honey to taste, and vanilla protein powder. This gives you a little more sweetness, but in a healthy way.
- Peanut Butter Porridge. If you want to increase the protein in your porridge without using protein powders, one way to achieve that goal is to add peanut butter to it as every serving (which is generally two tablespoons) is roughly eight grams of protein. You might also want to put in a splash of milk to lighten its consistency.
- Nuts and Honey Porridge. Combine porridge, crushed nuts, and a bit of honey and you’ll have a high protein meal that is both sweet and good for your body. Some nuts to consider using are walnuts, pecans, and almonds.
Try one or all of these and give your porridge a protein boost.
What are some of your favorite protein porridge recipes?
- Tags: Fibre, food, foods, Health, healthy, Healthy Recipes, Healthy snacks, Kids health, life health, lifestyle, personal trainer exercises, protein, Questions, recipe, recipes, vegan, vegetables, vegetarian, weight loss