Bubble and squeak
A great old British dish, excellent for using up vegetables left over from previous meals.
- 500g potatoes, peeled chopped
- 1 cabbage shredded
- 75 butter
- 3 tbsp water
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- cracked pepper
- Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water, then drain
- Place them in a bowl with butter and mash, season well with pepper.
- place the cabbage in saucepan and cook gently for 12 minutesuntil tender. Mix the cabbage and mashed potato together.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the onion cook until golden then add soy sauce
- place potato and cabbage mixture and press down with the back of a wooden spoon to make a flat
- Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until golden brown, then place on a large plate. Add the remaining oil and cook again on the other side for 10 minutes.
- serve on plate
Remember you can add any cooked vegetables to this recipe.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.