baguette white makes 4 x 400g
- 875 g flour
- 25 g fine semolina
- 10 g bread improver
- 21 g salt
- 23 g yeast
- 537 ml water
- 225 g bread starter (follow recipe)
- mix all dry ingredients together for 5 mins, add bread starter and mix
- then add the water slowly until dough is formed, 10 mins
- remember when dough is reached you want to achieve nice soft dough not to wet or dry, test bounce use finger press into dough should bounce back
- cut into 4 x 400g pieces and roll into bread roll, do this by pressing down on the dough, then roll by make a clockwise motion cupping your hands as you raise up, the dough will form a ball.
- place to the side and cover with wet towel, prove for another 30 mins.
- once proved take bun and fold into baguette, do this by gently turning dough inside to form log like shape.
- roll out long using you fingers open spread the dough to baguette shape
- place on to greased tray and prove in mildly warm area for 50 mins, your looking to increase the size by double from the active yeast action. Should raise to large bun. Make sure tray is covered either with damp towel or cling film, remember not to wrap to tight so dough can raise.
- pre heat oven for 20 mins at 180 c, place trays into oven make sure you don’t knock tray when placing into oven.
- cook for 23 mins, the remove and chill.
- Tags: Home Bakery