Recipe will make 12 doughnuts, easy to halve if needed.
- 1000 flour
- 10g salt
- 10g bread improver
- 25 g yeast
- 30 g sugar
- 40 g butter
- 500g water
- mix all the butter and dry ingredients together for 5 mins
- then add the water slowly until dough is formed
- cut into 50g pieces and roll into bread roll, do this by pressing down on the dough, then make a clockwise motion cupping your hand as you raise up, the dough will form a ball.
- place on to greased tray and prove in mildly warm area for 50 mins, your looking to increase the size by double from the active yeast action. Should raise to large bun
- once prove heat place into fryer, 155c hot vegetable oil, be careful when placing into fryer to make sure you handle the dough soft and lightly
- dough will float on oil, after golden on one side turn and cook other
- remove from oil when both side golden and place on cooling rack
- once cool make a small hole for the jam to be set inside and roll in icing sugar