Homemade cottage pie
this recipe serves 4 persons
- 500g mince beef
- 2 onions
- 25g tomato puree’
- 2 Carrots
- 100g frozen garden peas
- 6 large potatoes
- 3 springs of fresh thyme
- Peel potatoes and place in boiling water, cook through for mashing .
- Place mince beef into sauce pan and fully cook beef, season beef and remove from pan, make sure that all the fat is still in the pan
- Add garlic, onions and carrots, sweat off together until light brown colour is achieved
- Combined tomato puree’ with sauté vegetables
- Add mince and peas to the mixture once ready drop in mince beef and thyme
- Place into tin and season well
- Mash potatoes down, add cream and a whole egg, mix in well making sure that the egg doesn’t start to cook
- Cover the top of beef mixture and place in pre heated oven at 390 f 35min until golden brown top.
- Remove, portion and serve.