- 540 ml whole milk
- 540 ml cream
- 2 vanilla pods
- 6 egg yolks
- 160g caster sugar
- 170g liquid glucose
- Combined the milk and cream together in large pan
- Split and scrap the vanilla pods and add with the milk and cream, gently bring to the boil.
- Beat together the egg yolk and sugars until thick paste is achieved
- Pour the hot cream into the yolks and return the pan to the heat, allow to cook gently, when the mixture coats the back of a spoon remove from heat and allow 15 mins cooling
- Then sieve, into large bowl and place in freezer, remove from freezer every 4mins and churn mixture with spoon. Repeat until ice cream is thick and frozen.
( If have you have ice cream make place mixture use manufacturer’s instructions)