Homemade vegetable Indian curry
2 cloves garlic,
1 knob ginger
3 fresh chillies
20g Gram masala
25g Ground coriander
1 Star anise
4 whole white Onions
2 peeled and diced potatoes
30g mango chutney
40g yogurt or cream
500ml Stock (vegetable, chicken or beef)
1 tin 300g diced tomatoes
- Crush garlic, ginger and chilli together
- Place stock on high heat on cooker and heat until boiling point is achieved (if using meat drop into stock when boiling point is reached)
- Using a frying pan, place all crushed ginger, chilli, garlic and ground spices into the pan then heat lightly for 5 mins
- When a light fluffy texture is achieved with the spices, take away from heat and add it to tomato puree
- When mixed together drop into boiling stock, make sure water is bubbling before add all the contents from the frying pan.
- Add star anise then reduce for 45 mins in pan then add peeled and diced potatoes
- After another 30 mins add the tinned tomatoes, onions and chutney and mix and leave on heat for 45mins
- Now the curry is ready just remove star anise and finish with cream , coconut powder and fresh coriander .
Remember this curry is a guideline you can chose and add your own vegetables or meat, its low at when you use yogurt and serve with fresh cooked rice
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.