4 free range eggs
2 free range egg yolks
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup cheery tomatoes
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 English muffins
First make hollandaise sauce, then follow the procedure for the recipe. Average time would take 20-25 mins for preparation and cooking.
- Place 2 egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper all together in a bowl then then beat mixture until smooth.
- Melt the 1/4 cup of butter with the microwave, wait until the butter is fully melted. Then slowly stream melted butter into the egg yolk mixture whilst whisking
- Place the bowl in the microwave heat for 15 to 20 seconds, remove then whisk
Then follow recipe
- Place of water in the sauce pan ideally 3 cups, add 3 tablespoons of vinegar. 1 tablespoon per each cup of water. If you have no vinegar you can use salt add the same quantity 1 tsp per cup to make salted water for cooking the egg.
- Bring your water to the boil, once bubbling then add the eggs into the pan and reduce the heat by quarter.
- Place muffins in the toaster, then peel and chop tomatoes and avocado
- Serve eggs on top of muffins with tomatoes and avocado, then poor benedict sauce and finish with fresh herbs
- Eggs runny then cook for 4-6 minutes
- Eggs medium 7 minutes
- Eggs fully cooked 8-10 minutes.
Once cooked carefully remove eggs from water with spoon and drain excess water before placing on muffins.
When poaching eggs its important to always use fresh eggs when possible, if you use old eggs you will normally find the egg whites are weak and the yolks tend to break in the pan.