Some people drink smoothies simply because they enjoy the taste. However, top fitness enthusiasts tend to favor these cold, filling drinks for their ability to help build muscle. What are the best ingredients for achieving this goal? Here are five:
- Protein Powder. In order for your muscles to grow bigger and stronger, they need protein—especially after a grueling workout. This macronutrient helps them repair quicker and more effectively, making it critical to experiencing gains. Generally, you can get it in various flavors such as vanilla, chocolate, and even strawberry, allowing you to make the smoothie that your taste buds crave most.
- Greek Yogurt. Also high in protein, Greek yogurt supplies your body with a healthy dose of vitamin D, which is good for strong bones to help support your stronger muscles. Adding this ingredient to your smoothie also thickens it up a bit, creating a smoother and more pleasing texture.
- Almond or Coconut Milk. Another way to enhance the texture and flavor of your smoothie while increasing its nutritional value is to use almond or coconut milk for its base. Both add a lot of nutrients, such as vitamins B and C, magnesium, and iron, which are critical for the formation of strong, healthy muscles.
- Peanut Butter. Nuts are high in potassium, a key nutrient for minimizing your risk of strokes, heart disease, and even high blood pressure. Therefore, adding a tablespoon or two of peanut butter to your smoothie is not only good for your muscles, it is also great for your heart.
- Flax Seed. Flax seeds contain protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and a good deal of fiber, making them wonderful additions to muscle-building smoothies. Plus, they give it a great nutty flavor if you like that particular taste.
These five ingredients can help you build your muscle. What do you like to put in your smoothies?
- Tags: Fibre, food, foods, Health, healthy, life health, lifestyle, minerals, Muscle, Nutrition, smoothies, Workout