Pineapple is a good source of magnesium, as well as containing significant amounts of vitamin C and Vitamin B1, pineapple contains high fructose sugars so its great for energy.
Oranges and bananas are a valuable source of potassium, vitamin B6 and high in vitamin C.
Watermelon consists mostly of water 92%, its great for summer smoothies. It also contains a high source of vitamin C , the seeds are a high source of protein and good essential fats.
The ingredients are easy to find and not to expensive, the recipe given for three servings .
- 1 Banana , 78kcal
- 1/4 Ripe pineapple , 70kcal
- 1 Cup Ice
- 150 ml Apple Juice
- 1 Table Spoon honey, 120Kcal
- 150 ml milk (normal or soya), 78kcal
- 1/4 water melon
- 1 large Orange use segments
- First rinse all fruit, Take the pineapple skin off cut into small cubes , peel the orange and segment. Peel the banana and cut into large pieces and cut the outer part of the watermelon and slice leave the seeds inside.
- Place ice then Banana & pineapple,orange segments and watermelon into blender
- add apple juice, honey and milk.
- Blend until smooth
- Place into glass and serve
Its best to consume the smoothie within 10 minutes otherwise the mixture of ingredients will absorb each other.