Mango contains high traces of vitamin E, this helps reduces the risk of cancer and cardiovascular illness, also mango is rich with magnesium, calcium and carotene, all of which are good for the skin and vision.
Oranges and bananas are a valuable source of potassium, vitamin B6 and high in vitamin C.
The ingredients are easy to find and not to expensive, the recipe shown serves 2 people.
- 1 Banana , 78kcal
- 2 Ripe Mango, 70kcal
- 3/4 Cup Ice
- 1 Orange Juice
- 1 Tables Spoon honey, 120Kcal
- 150 ml milk or Yoghurt (normal or soya), 78kcal
- First rinse all fruit, Take mango out of skin either peal skin off fruit or slice in half and then cut into 3cm diced cubes. Peel the banana and cut into large pieces.
- Take the juice from the orange, make sure all pips are removed.
- Place ice then Banana & mango into blender ,orange juice, honey and milk.
- Blend until smooth
- Place into glass and serve
Its always best to consume the smoothie within 10 minutes of making otherwise the mixture of nutrients will absorb one another.