Bananas are amazing for smoothies, also a valuable source of minerals ; potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C.
This smoothie recipe is easy, the ingredients are easy to find and not too expensive. This recipe followed is ideal for 1 big serving.
- 2 Bananas - chopped, peeled
- 25g Chocolate powder ( protein powder)
- 75g Unsalted nuts
- 1/2 Cup Ice
- 150 ml Soya Milk (unsweetened)
- 2 Tables Spoons honey, 120Kcal
- 1 egg white
- First place the nuts into the blender, blend for 1 min until nuts are broken into small pieces. While nuts are blending take out the bananas peel and slice.
- Place ice then banana into blender add coco powder, honey and soya milk.
- Blend until smooth, stir in egg white at the end.
- Place into glass and serve
Its best to consume your smoothie within 10 minutes from blending. If the mixture is left for longer the ingredients will absorb one another.
Also important, remember that your body can only absorb so much protein each day ! it is important that these levels are monitored.
Simple way for following this plan is to calculate your body weight and work out your protein levels.
1kg weight = 1g Protein
example ,Mathew weights 78kg = 78g of protein is Mathews maximum intake.
If you consume more protein than required it will automatically change into fat.