Warming up and cooling down are equally important whenever you exercise, but if you want to give yourself the best chance of getting through this period then make it mandatory!
- Increased muscle temperature for optimal flexibility and efficiency.
- Dilates the blood vessels supplying the muscles with a greater volume of oxygen and nutrients
- minimise stress on your heart
- Reduce muscle soreness
- Increase synovial fluid around the joints aiding in protecting those knees and shoulders
- Helps to mentally prepare for task ahead
Warming up before any sport or a workout is crucial to aid prevention of injury and preparing your body
- Promotes a gradual recovery of pre-exercise heart rate and blood pressure.
- Flushes toxins such as lactic acid out of muscles
- Muscles are warm so stretching can help reduce lactic build up
- Reduction in muscle stiffness, soreness and cramp
- Reduces blood pooling
- Reflection - offers time to return your mind to a relaxed state