Just as exercise increases your metabolism, so too can certain foods, which is extremely important when it comes to bodybuilding. After all, you won’t be able to see the rock hard physique you’ve built if there is a layer of fat covering it. Therefore, boosting your metabolism to get rid of any excess fat stores is a great way to show off the muscles you’ve worked so hard to create.
Which foods can help you achieve this goal? Here are a few to consider adding to your diet so that you burn more fat:
- Almonds. High in protein, heart healthy fat, and vitamin E, these nuts are great for raising your metabolism. Eat them as a snack or chop them up and slice them up and top you salad with them.
- Blueberries. Blend these antioxidant containing fruit in your protein shakes or put some on your grilled chicken salad. They are even great on their own, providing you with a sweet treat that makes you thinner with each one you eat.
- Salmon. Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, niacin, and a number of other nutrients that can help your body process fats more quickly and effectively. Grill or broil a piece for dinner, and add some lemon pepper to it for a touch of spice.
- Spinach. This dark leafy green is as good for your brain power as it is for you metabolism, so aim to eat it often. You can use it raw in salads or steam it for a great tasting side dish.
- Turkey. Low in fat and high in protein and vitamins, this white meat offers a lot of health benefits, with more fat burn being just one of them. Make a sandwich with it or dehydrate it and make a jerky. Either way, it is delicious!
Add foods like these to your diet and you will be one step closer to the thinner bodybuilder you are working so hard to be!